Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to The Warrior-Poet Project.  This is my first of what I hope will be many posts.  My main goal with this blog is to bring glory to God.  I hope that what I post here will bless you in some way, make you think about something in a way that you haven't before, or just bring a smile to your face.  A little about myself.  I am engaged to the most beautiful girl in the world.  She is a continual and wonderful blessing that God has placed into my life.  I look forward to this summer for that day when we walk down the aisle and can spend the rest of our lives together.  I am also a First Classman, or senior, at the Virginia Military Institute (VMI).  For those who may not know, VMI is a small state military school nestled in Shenandoah Valley.  VMI has tried me, but it has been a wonderful furnace with which to strengthen my faith.  To paraphrase, VMI is "the road less taken".

The reason I decided to entitle this The Warrior-Poet Project is after a wonderful book that was given to me by my fiancée.  The book is called "God's Gift to Women" by Eric Ludy.  In it Ludy lays out how Christian men should live out their relationship with Christ and with women.  The book spoke deeply to my heart, and changed the way I looked at my own relationship with Christ and how I had been living my life.  Ludy also espouses the idea of being a Warrior-Poet, someone who is ready to defend others with the fierceness of a lion, and at the same time be able to show the love, compassion and tenderness that Christ showed to us.  I would encourage any guys reading this blog to get the book and read it, no matter where your relationship with God may be at this time.  For the ladies reading this, there is a counterpart to the book, written by Eric's wife Leslie entitled "Authentic Beauty".  They also have a slew of other books ranging in topics from dating, to marriage and the Gospel.  Here's their website if you're interested: Set Apart Life.

Well, I think that about does it for my introduction.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with some of the ideas/thoughts about God that have been percolating in my head recently.  Until then I leave you with this from Ephesians 3:20-21:

Now to Him who is able to do
immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to His power that is at work within us,
to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus
throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. YAY JB!!! So excited that you started a blog ... this is a great idea and I love the title! We miss you and Katie so much and pray for you often!!

    ~ Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK now I see this older post that identifies my first born son as the brilliant writer of this blog! Well done, son. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete